CITY OF ALLEN
City Council Regular Meeting
October 22, 2019 - 7:00 PM
City Council Chambers
ALLEN CITY HALL
305 CENTURY PARKWAY
ALLEN, TX 75013
|Call to Order and Announce a Quorum is Present.|
[The City Council invites citizens to speak to the Council on any topic not on the agenda or not already scheduled for Public Hearing. Prior to the meeting, please complete a "Public Meeting Appearance Card" and present it to the City Secretary. The time limit is three minutes per speaker, not to exceed a total of fifteen minutes for all speakers.]
Presentation of Proclamations by the Office of the Mayor.
- Presentation of a Proclamation to Jesse Simmons, City Forester, Proclaiming October 26, 2019, as Arbor Day.
- Presentation of a Proclamation to Representatives of the Keep Allen Beautiful Board Proclaiming November 2, 2019, as Allen Recycles Day.
- Presentation of a Proclamation to Municipal Court Judge Cynthia Gore Proclaiming November 4-8, 2019, as Municipal Court Week.
Recognition of the Allen Community Services Department - Water Conservation Division Award and Recognition Presentation.
Recognition of the Allen Community Services Department - Waste Services Division Awards and Recognitions Presentations.
Recognition of the Allen Economic Development Corporation as the Recipient of the Innovativeness Award for 2019 and the Community Economic Development Award for 2019 by the Texas Economic Development Council.
Recognition of the Purchasing Division for Receipt of the 2019 Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award.
[Routine Council business. Consent Agenda is approved by a single majority vote. Items may be removed for open discussion by a request from a Councilmember or member of staff.]
- October 21 - November 1 - Early Voting Period for the Texas Constitutional Amendment Election
- October 26 - Arbor Day Celebration, Glendover Park, 9 a.m.
- November 2 - Allen Recycles Day, Allen City Hall, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- November 5 - Election Day, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Items of Interest. [Council announcements regarding local civic and charitable events, meetings, fundraisers, and awards.]
|Executive Session. (As needed)|
Legal, Section 551.071.
As authorized by Section 551.071(2) of the
Texas Government Code, the Workshop Meeting and/or the Regular Agenda may be Convened into Closed Executive Session for the Purpose of
Seeking Confidential Legal Advice from the City Attorney on any Agenda Item Listed Herein.
(Closed to Public as Provided in the Texas Government Code.)
Reconvene and Consider Action on Items Resulting from Executive Session.
This notice was posted at Allen City Hall, 305 Century Parkway, Allen, Texas, at a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times. Said notice was posted on Friday, October 18, 2019, at 5:00 p.m.
Shelley B. George, City Secretary
Allen City Hall is wheelchair accessible. Access to the building and special parking are available at the entrance facing Century Parkway. Requests for sign interpreters or special services must be received forty-eight (48) hours prior to the meeting time by calling the City Secretary at 214.509.4105.